Are You Experiencing Itchy Armpits Whilst Breastfeeding?
Do your armpits start to itch whilst you are breastfeeding?
I often experienced itchy armpits during breastfeeding. It was hard to itch them whilst baby was feeding:
- I didn’t want to disturb him
- I often practiced the rugby hold which meant he was already lying tucked under my arm
- I couldn’t reach to scratch
- I was out in public and didn’t want to start itching away inelegantly.
Why Breastfeeding Makes Your Armpits Itch
My Explanation for Itchy Armpits Whilst Breastfeeding
Upon researching itchy armpits, I found several posts from women saying that they were also experiencing the same sensations, but no medical explanations. I have therefore made my own explanation:
I personally put it down to the production of milk and the functioning of the milk glands located near the armpits. As the milk supply is drawn out by baby, it needs to be replaced which was making me feel itchy under my arms. The itchiness mostly happened during and shortly after breastfeeding.
How to Ease the Itchiness During Breastfeeding
- Wear clothes with a looser fit under your arms
- Get a really supportive and fitting bra.
- Massage the area around the back of your breasts and under your arms to help support the flow
- Speak with Oh My Mama Body Midwife for some great advice about massage oils for supporting milk production. Arrange your free call by following this link.
Maternity Bra to Relieve Armpit Itchiness
If you think about the number of hours you are going to spend breastfeeding over the next months…it is well worth treating yourself (and your body) to a supportive maternity bra.
The more support and comfort you have for your breasts, the easier your breastfeeding experience will be. These maternity bras are pretty, supportive and comfortable.
If you look at the clasp at the back, you will notice that it holds a lot of support – great for easing any backache and also great for distributing the weight around your breasts in order to relieve any clogged milk ducts and relieve itchiness.
Fluttering Sensation In Your Lower Abdomen – An Early Sign of Pregnancy?
Are you experiencing a bubbling or a fluttering sensation in your lower abdomen? Has this feeling got you wondering if this could be an early
Can You Get Pregnant Before Period and Still Get a Period?
Many women wonder if it’s possible to get pregnant just before their period and still get their period. Although it is extremely rare, the answer
Shamanic Womb Healing
Shamanic Womb Healing is an all-natural, long-forgotten, and the most effective healing technique for a woman’s reproductive and mental health. It is an ancient shamanic