I’m so happy to announce that pre-orders are open for my must-read poetry book to support mothers that go through the trauma of miscarriage
Healing After Miscarriage book of poetry is a beautiful gift of comfort and solace. To be available on 19th January 2021. It will be in high demand as this type of support is much needed and already has a lot of requests – pre-order your copy here. I am hosting a book launch and event on Tuesday 19th January 2020 – get your event invitation here.
There are over 40 Million Miscarriages a Year Worldwide
With 1 in 4 pregnancies ending in miscarriage that’s 40 million miscarriages A YEAR as there are an estimated 130 million births worldwide annually. At least 50% of women suffer in silence and 1 in 10 known cases battle with severe depression. When you see the numbers represented in this way, miscarriage is a hugely under represented topic.
Miscarriage is clearly a taboo topic. You only need to look at the backlash received by Chrissy Teigen recently when she bravely stood for women and openly spoke about her miscarriage.
Oh My Mama Body is highly passionate about breaking the taboo around the topic of miscarriage, helping women to find their voices instead of suffering in silence. It really is something that needs to change and we can change it by getting louder and also by really helping women.
Women who have Miscarried are Suffering Alone and Remaining Silent
- 100% of women who have miscarried admit that the words (or lack of words) of others can be most harmful. From uncaring medical terms such as „just a bunch of cells“ to unsympathetic family members saying „at least you know you can get pregnant“, to people saying nothing at all because it feels too awkward.
- 50% of women prefer to remain silent and not mention their miscarriage. Miscarriage is shrouded by feelings of shame, guilt and unworthiness. Women are left feeling like a shell of their previous self, walking around hollow on the inside and showing a brave face to the outside world.
As well as giving birth to 2 healthy boys, I experienced five miscarriages and know just how distressing it is to be on the receiving end of ill-considered and unsympathethic remarks.
Unfortunately, 1 out of 10 women who contact me after experiencing early pregnancy symptoms (which I talk about a lot on my YouTube channel), end up miscarrying. With lockdowns in place during 2020, hundreds of women have been contacting me via YouTube with worries about pregnancy.
Healing After Miscarriage Book of Poems a Gift of Solace
- Healing After Miscarriage, a book of poems is the perfect gift of consolation. For those who want to show that they deeply care but can’t find the words for the situation.
- The depth of feeling and emotion in the poetry and illustrations of Healing After Miscarriage touch the soul where it is needed most.
The idea for the book came to me as I became acutely aware that so many women were suffering at the perceived cruelness of words at a time when they are already feeling traumatised and distressed. I really felt that a gift of consolation is something that would help so many women with their emotions. To have a safe place of solace and comfort, where they feel understood and supported.
It is meant as a gift that people close to them can give, when it is hard for them to find the words and want to show that they care”.
One of my main wishes with Healing After Miscarriage is to reach women who are feeling lost, alone and empty and give them a lifeline. Coaching needs to come from a place of empathy with a focus on deep core healing. With the right coaching and support, so many women can be guided through their cycle of grief to reach a place of wholeness again. All women who have miscarried deserve to live a life of empowerment.
You can pre-order a copy of Healing After Miscarriage book here:
Breaking the Silence Around Miscarriage
Oh My Mama Body is making huge steps forward in breaking the silence, stigma and shame around miscarriage. I have recorded two episodes with the TryingAgain podcast and has a further two planned with the LoveandLoss podcast. I am supporting the Mom Thinks website as Miscarriage Healing Coach, answering women’s questions. Furthermore, Oh My Mama Body’s opinion was asked for and covered in The Independent UK national newspaper.
Healing After Miscarriage, from Feeling Empty to Feeling Whole
I spent hundreds of hours studying healing techniques to help myself recover from miscarriage. It has helped me so much and now I am helping others to heal. I have created an online course and coaching programme to guide women on their pathway through grief to wholeness, based on the techniques which worked for me:
- Understanding the cycle of grief
- Guiding women through their trauma
- Deep healing and communicating with your baby
- Discovering your personal pathway out of the cycle
- Stepping into your full empowerment
Pre-order a copy of Healing After Miscarriage book here: